Shoppy VS Vajro
We’re in 2022 and you have an eCommerce but not a Mobile App for your brand. That’s probably why you’re here reading this article. A Mobile App will make you reach many objectives: improve the relationship with your customers, increase the credibility of your brand, raise sales and offer a better and smoother mobile experience to your customers. Do you think that’s enough?
While surfing the web, you might have found out that’s not easy to decide how to make your App. Then, I’m here to help you. There might be two solutions: the first is surely the most costly regarding time and money: creating your app from scratch. The second one might be to create your app with Shoppy or Vajro.
Surely you don’t want to make the worst choice, so I suggest you continue reading this article because we’re going to compare the most important aspects to keep in mind. We’re comparing Shoppy and Vajro about:
- Mobile app design
- Available integrations
- Admin tools and builder
Mobile app design
did you know that there are many types of menu that can be used on your mobile app? One is the hamburger menu (☰) while the other is the tab-bar. The first one appears and disappears on screen, the second one is always visible on the bottom of it. Do not overlook this element because that’s not only an aesthetic or design choice but it does affect the user experience. Tab-bar navigation (the one proposed by Shoppy) is the recommended one instead of the hamburger menu (the one that is used by Vajro) for 3 main reasons: efficiency (as we just said the tab-bar is always visible on the bottom of the screen), visibility (hamburger menu needs you to open it to show all items) and accessibility (more the screen size is big and more it is hard to open the hamburger menu).
this will be the first step you’re going to take while creating your app, you’ll be choosing the widgets to add, their order, colors… everything is simplified thanks to the real-time visualization of all the changes. What does this mean? It means that every time that you make a change you can see all the edits directly from the dashboard. This functionality is present both on Shoppy and Vajro.
With Shoppy you have more customization possibilities. Have you ever heard about Option Layout? In addition to being able to insert the widgets you prefer, by creating your Shoppy App you can make it even more personal. For example, you can choose the display layout for the catalog, the wishlist, and the cart. This high level of customization is not possible with Vajro.
These are essential elements of whatever level is your business on. Push notifications let you engage users and maintain them active on the app. This is, then, a very important element if you’re willing to activate a premium plan but also if your business is growing. Vajro however will let you just create 30 monthly push notifications in the base plan.
Shoppy, on the other hand, thanks to the fact that uses a proprietary push notification service, allows unlimited sending. Also, you must consider other factors regarding push notifications:
- Rich notification: you can even send images, videos, or gifs other than the classic text. This functionality is available both on Vajro and Shoppy.
- Scheduled notification: with this feature you can schedule your push notifications in advance and send them at a specific time and date (available both on Shoppy and Vajro);
- User Segmentation: divide your users based on demographic information or their preferences to show them their favorite content (available both on Shoppy and Vajro);
- Automation: send notifications automatically considering users’ behavior and their preferences. An example may be a welcome message the first time users log in, an abandoned cart message, or one when they are inactive for more than X days. This feature is present both on Vajro and Shoppy.
- Customized push notifications: 75% of users are more likely to buy from a brand if the messages they receive are customized with their name. Only Shoppy lets you add the name of your customers in push notifications, making them more human-oriented and personal.
Shoppy applications have dedicated places to add all the news of your shop. This may be useful to let your users know about the availability of new products or that a new discount code has been created. You can use this section to publish articles or news regarding your industry. This feature can be pretty strategic to maintain customers’ interest in your store and make them buy regularly.
When news is published you can send a push notification linked to the news in order to encourage users to open the app and read the news. Vajro doesn’t have a news section.
Shoppy team is 100% Italian and it is always available to support you starting from the first demo to the final release. Shoppy team is always ready to help you in every situation whatever plan you’ve subscribed to.
Vajro, instead, provides proprietary support only for the customers that have activated the “Premium Premium” plan which is the most complete one.
What is integration? Integrations are a way to extend the functionalities of your App. It is known that the more features the app has, the more you would be able to create targeted marketing actions and build customer loyalty.
Vajro has a wide range of integrations available, while Shoppy has fewer of them.
This may be a point for Vajro but Shoppy can still ‘win’ on the integrations front for 2 main reasons:
- Shoppy is careful about customers needs, that’s why the team dedicated to the development roadmap is always ready to pay attention to customers and partners;
- Despite having a wide range of integrations, Vajro offers the possibility to activate any of these integrations only in the most expensive plan, while in the first two available plans (Startup and Growth) you can activate only some of themes. Shoppy, on the other hand, does not constrain the choice on certain integrations, but the customer decides which one to activate.
Admin & Builder
In both cases, whether you choose Shoppy or Vajro, creating your mobile app is really easy. In fact, there’s no coding knowledge required in both systems but you’ll need to use a simple Drag & Drop system.
Both systems allow automatic synchronization of eCommerce products onto the app. This is a big advantage as it minimizes the creation and setting time for the app.
This is something that surely you’re going to pay close attention to so, let’s analyze it.
We see that Vajro is more convenient, especially for the Power Premium plan. However, we must remember that in all the features analyzed previously Shoppy came out a winner. It’s up to you to decide between quality and price.
Shoppy studied pricing plans to fit the needs of the shops on Shopify.
The Seed plan is better suited for small realities that search for a simple and easy solution.
The Grow plan is dedicated to expanding brands that want to build customers loyalty.
The Bloom plan on the other hand is dedicated to structured brands that want to take advantage of all the potentials of a mobile app.
All you have to do is make your decision and give it a try. Shoppy’s free trial is 30 days, while Vajro’s free trial is 60 days.